Weekend getaway wardrobe

Monday, February 5, 2018

Since I'm on the Cabo/weekend streak, and can't seem to let it go, I thought I'd document options to throw in your bag for short trips.  Just double up on the items for longer stays.  

Here's what I brought last weekend;


For an easy sun filled weekend, cover ups are key. I love my Maaji black crocheted because I can exchange it with a number of belts like a metal chain mail one from none other than Forever 21.  The white sweater one by Tommy Bahama adds a bit more coverage.  You feel comfortable walking around a restaurant in it.  I usually bring fancier sundresses for evening, like this Camilla ornate number (borrowed from a friend!) and these other go-to's; a ropey-waisted romper from Free People and a short swingy navy blue dress by Indah that I wear with a bralette.  Jean shorts and slightly fancier silk cargoes are great with a swingy, wide armhole top to show off your suit underneath or a one piece suit worn as a top.


Sorry for this blurry pic I know it sucks.  But my obsession with these Nalha ankle strap memory foam (yup, memory foam) sandals grows daily. 

Wedges are always Island-appropriate.  Just watch yourself walking home form dinner on those cobblestone or steep roads after a few tequilas ;)

  As you can see, one pieces are the new bikini for me.  They flatten and cover your tummy if you're not feeling ready to dive into swimsuit season, most are cut high which flattering to the thigh and you can wear them with shorts or a skirt as an additional outfit option! Kenneth Cole swim offers some nice options at a reasonable price. 

1. Vitamin A Bikini
2. White one piece from Zara
3. Billabong 
4. Acacia - pricey but I had to have it!

If you don't have a getaway planned, start planning. Its fun to look forward to and get excited about and day dream even if its far off in the future. Happy Travel planning...


No comments:

Post a Comment